7280SE-68 Layer 3 Switch
The Arista 7280E Series are key components of the Arista 7000 Series portfolio of data center switches. The Arista 7280E series are purpose 10/40/100GbE fixed configuration systems built for the highest performance environments, where wire speed L2 and L3 forwarding are combined with advanced features for network virtualization, open monitoring and network analysis, resiliency and architectural flexibility. The 7280E capabilities address the requirements for modern networking and rich multi-media content delivery requiring a lossless forwarding solution.
The 7280E Series are available in three models each with 48 SFP+ ports for 1/10GbE and a choice of 40GbE and 100GbE uplinks. The 7280SE-64 has four QSFP+ uplink ports that allow a choice of four 40GbE or up to 16 additional 10GbE ports with the use of transceivers or cables. The 7280SE-72 delivers two 100GbE uplinks through the use of Arista MXP interfaces and embedded optics. Each MXP port enables twelve 10GbE, three 40GbE or one 100GbE for a wide choice of cost effective connections. The 7280SE-68 has two 100GbE QSFP uplinks that allows for the use of both 100GbE and 40GbE optics for the widest range of both short and long reach connection options, active and passive cables.
All models in the 7280E Series deliver rich layer 2 and layer 3 features with wire speed performance up to 1.44 Terabits per second. The Arista 7280E Series offer a virtual output queue architecture combined with an ultra-deep 9GB of packet buffers that eliminates head of line blocking and allows for lossless forwarding under sustained congestion and the most demanding application loads. Combined with Arista EOS the 7280E Series delivers advanced features for HPC, big data, content delivery, cloud and virtualized environments.
The Arista 7280E runs the same Arista EOS software as all Arista products, simplifying network administration. Arista EOS is a modular switch operating system with a unique state sharing architecture that cleanly separates switch state from protocol processing and application logic. Built on top of a standard Linux kernel, all EOS processes run in their own protected memory space and exchange state through an in-memory database. This multi-process state sharing architecture provides the foundation for in-service-software updates and self-healing resiliency.
With Arista EOS, advanced monitoring and automation capabilities such as Zero Touch Provisioning, VMTracer and Linux based tools can be run natively on the switch with the powerful quad-core x86 CPU subsystem.
Maximum Flexibility for Scale Out Network Designs
Scale out network designs enable solutions to start small and evolve over time. A simple two-way design can evolve without significant changes to the architecture. The Arista 7280E include enhancements that allow for flexible scale-out designs:
- 128-way ECMP and 128-way MLAG to provide scalable designs and balance traffic evenly across large scale 2 tier leaf-spine designs
- VOQ architecture and deep packet buffering to eliminate head of line blocking
- Flexible allocation of L2 and L3 forwarding table resources for more design choice
- Wide choice of dense 10G/40G/100G ports for single port multi-speed flexibility
- VXLAN routing, bridging and gateway for physical to virtualization communication to enable next generation data center designs
- LANZ, DANZ, PTP, sFlow and multi-port mirroring to detect micro-burst congestion and provide network wide visibility
- ACL scalability with up to 12K entries per forwarding engine and 36K ACL entries per module
- Product Type : Layer 3 Switch
- Manufacturer Part Number : DCS-7280SE-68-F-P
- Power Source : Power Supply
- Limited Warranty : 1 Year
- Layer Supported : 3
- Weight (Approximate) : 22.20 lb
- Manufacturer : Arista Networks, Inc
- Product Model : 7280SE-68
- Network Technology : 100GBase-X
- Product Series : 7280E
- Brand Name : Arista Networks
- Expansion Slot Type : SFP+
- Height : 1.8"
- Width : 20.6"
- Depth : 19"
- Manageable : Yes
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Environmental Certification : EU WEEE
- Ethernet Technology : 100 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 50
- Number of SFP+ Slots : 48
- Modular : Yes
- Uplink Port : No
- Stack Port : No
- Media Type Supported : Optical Fiber
- Shared SFP Slot : No
- Port/Expansion Slot Details : 2 x 100 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Redundant Power Supply Supported : Yes