QFX10016 Switch Chassis
The Juniper Networks ® QFX10000 line of modular Ethernet switches delivers up to 96 Tbps of system throughput, scalable to over 200 Tbps in the future, to meet the rapid and ongoing traffic growth in the data center. Industry-leading scale and density on the QFX10000 modular switches redefine per-slot economics, enabling customers to do more with less while simplifying network design and reducing OpEx. Based on purpose-built Q5 ASICs, the QFX10000 line delivers unparalleled intelligence and analytics, providing deeper insights into application performance.
The QFX10000 line can be deployed in a number of different network designs and fabrics, including Layer 3 fabric, Junos Fusion, and Juniper MC-LAG for Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks, giving customers complete architectural flexibility. Additionally, the open architecture ensures that customers can innovate on top of Juniper Networks Junos ® operating system to accelerate the pace of innovation. The QFX10000 line also supports Junos Fusion, a simple, easy-to-deploy fabric that scales to support mid-to-large data center deployments while simplifying network management and configuration.
The QFX10000 is also a key component of Juniper Networks MetaFabric TM Architecture, which provides a simple, open and smart approach to building data center networks. Additionally, the QFX10000 supports Data Center Interconnect (DCI), critical to workload mobility and application availability.
For networks evolving to SDN, the QFX10000 integrates with VMware NSX SDN controllers and can act as a Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) Layer 2 and Layer 3 gateway. The open and standards-based QFX10000 switches also interoperate with the Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) to support automated management and control capabilities. The QFX10000 line integrates with OpenContrail SDN controller to allow users to choose their preferred SDN systems.
Two QFX10000 modular chassis options are available, providing full deployment flexibility:
- QFX10008 Ethernet Switch, an 8-slot, 13 U chassis that supports up to eight line cards
- QFX10016 Ethernet Switch, a 16-slot, 21 U chassis that supports up to 16 line cards
Both QFX10000 modular chassis can accommodate any combination of the following QFX10000 Ethernet line cards:
- QFX10000-36Q, a 36-port 40GbE quad small form-factor pluggable plus transceiver (QSFP+) or 12-port 100GbE QSFP28 line card
- QFX10000-30C, a 30-port 100GbE QSFP28/40GbE QSFP+ line card
- QFX10000-60S-6Q, a 60-port 1GbE/10GbE SFP/SFP+ line card with six-port 40GbE QSFP+ / two-port 100GbE QSFP28
Fully configured, a single QFX10016 chassis can support up to 480 100GbE ports, delivering the industry’s highest line-rate 100GbE port densities in its class. The QFX10000 switch fabric is capable of delivering up to 7.2 Tbps (full duplex) per slot, and the midplane-less orthogonal interconnect architecture ensures system longevity.
- Product Type : Switch Chassis
- Manufacturer Part Number : QFX10016-BASE
- Power Source : Power Supply
- Layer Supported : 3
- Weight (Approximate) : 491 lb
- Form Factor : Rack-mountable
- Manufacturer : Juniper Networks, Inc
- Product Model : QFX10016
- Product Series : QFX10000
- Brand Name : Juniper
- Height : 17.4"
- Width : 36.7"
- Depth : 35"
- Manageable : Yes
- Compatible Rack Unit : 21U
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 16
- Modular : Yes
- Uplink Port : No
- Stack Port : No
- Media Type Supported : Optical Fiber
- Port/Expansion Slot Details : 16 x Expansion Slot
- Redundant Power Supply Supported : Yes