7050SX2-128 Layer 3 Switch
The Arista 7050SX are members of the Arista 7050X Series and key components of the Arista portfolio of data center switches. The Arista 7050X Series are purpose built 10/40GbE data center switches in compact and energy efficient form factors with wire speed layer 2 and layer 3 features combined with low latency and advanced features for software defined cloud networking.
Increased adoption of 10 Gigabit Ethernet servers coupled with applications using higher bandwidth is accelerating the need for dense 10 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet switching. The 7050SX Series support flexible combinations of 10G and 40G that allow customers to design large leaf and spine networks to accommodate both east-west traffic patterns found in modern data centers, high performance compute and big data environments.
Featuring a choice of 1RU and 2RU models the 7050SX Series deliver high density 1/10G SFP+ based ports and 10/40G ports using QSFP+ for flexible configurations supporting migration from 1/10G to 10/40G networks.
All models in the 7050SX Series delivers rich layer 2 and layer 3 features with wire speed performance up to a maximum performance of 2.56Tbps. The Arista 7050SX switches offer low latency from 550ns in cut-through mode, and a shared packet buffer pool of up to 16MB that is allocated dynamically to ports that are congested. With typical power consumption of less than 2 watts per 10GbE port the 7050SX Series provide industry leading power efficiency with airflow choices for back to front, or front to back. An optional built-in SSD supports advanced logging, data captures and other services directly on the switch.
Combined with Arista EOS the 7050X Series delivers advanced features for big data, cloud, virtualized and traditional designs.
The Arista 7050X runs the same Arista EOS software as all Arista products, simplifying network administration. Arista EOS is a modular switch operating system with a unique state sharing architecture that cleanly separates switch state from protocol processing and application logic. Built on top of a standard Linux kernel, all EOS processes run in their own protected memory space and exchange state through an in-memory database. This multi-process state sharing architecture provides the foundation for in-service-software updates and self-healing resiliency.
With Arista EOS, advanced monitoring and automation capabilities such as Zero Touch Provisioning, VMTracer and Linux based tools can be run natively on the switch with the powerful x86 CPU subsystem.
The Arista 7050X series switches were designed for high availability from both a software and hardware perspective. Key high availability features include:
- 1+1 hot-swappable power supplies and four N+1 hot-swap fans
- Color coded PSU’s and fans Live software patching
- Self healing software with Stateful Fault Repair (SFR)
- Smart System Upgrade (SSU) and Accelerated Software Update (ASU)
- Up to 64 10GbE or 40GbE ports per link aggregation group (LAG)
- Multi-chassis LAG for active/active L2 multi-pathing
- Up to 128-way ECMP routing for load balancing and redundancy
- Product Type : Layer 3 Switch
- Manufacturer Part Number : DCS-7050SX2-128-F
- Packaged Quantity : 1
- Power Source : Power Supply
- Limited Warranty : 1 Year
- Layer Supported : 3
- Weight (Approximate) : 33 lb
- Form Factor : Rack-mountable
- Manufacturer : Arista Networks, Inc
- Product Model : 7050SX2-128
- Network Technology : 10GBase-X
- Product Series : 7050X
- Brand Name : Arista Networks
- Expansion Slot Type : QSFP+
- Height : 3.5"
- Width : 19"
- Depth : 18.1"
- Manageable : Yes
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Environmental Certification : EU RoHS
- Compatible Rack Unit : 2U
- Ethernet Technology : 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 104
- Number of SFP+ Slots : 96
- Modular : Yes
- Uplink Port : No
- Media Type Supported : Optical Fiber
- Shared SFP Slot : No
- Port/Expansion Slot Details : 8 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Redundant Power Supply Supported : Yes