QFX5100-24Q-AA Layer 3 Switch
The highly flexible, high-performance Juniper Networks ® QFX5100 line of Ethernet switches provides the foundation for today’s and tomorrow’s dynamic data center. As a critical enabler for IT transformation, the data center network supports cloud and software-defined networking (SDN) adoption, as well as rapid deployment and delivery of applications. Mission-critical applications, network virtualization, and integrated or scale-out storage are driving the need for more adaptable networks. With its diverse set of deployment options, including fabric, Layer 3, and spine and leaf, the QFX5100 is the universal building block for data center switching architectures, enabling users to easily adapt as requirements change over time.
The QFX5100 line includes 10GbE (fiber and copper) and 40GbE fixed-configuration options with rich Layer 2, Layer 3, and MPLS features. The QFX5100 runs the same reliable, high-performance Juniper Networks Junos® operating system that is used by Juniper Networks QFabric® family of products, EX Series Ethernet Switches, Juniper Networks routers, and Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways, ensuring a consistent implementation and operation of control plane features across the entire Juniper infrastructure.
Featuring a built-in Insight Technology capability, the QFX5100 provides valuable performance and troubleshooting data via microburst monitoring and hotspot statistics. The QFX5100 can also be used as a high-performance QFabric Node in Juniper’s high-scale QFabric System or as a Satellite device in a Junos Fusion fabric architecture, deployed in Juniper’s new Virtual Chassis Fabric switching architecture, and installed in Juniper’s existing Virtual Chassis switching architecture.
Architecture and Key Components
The QFX5100 includes the following capabilities. Please refer to the Specifications section for features that are currently shipping vs. those that will be available in a future software release.
- High-density configurations-72 ports of 10GbE in a 1 U platform; 96 ports of 10GbE in a 2 U platform; and 32 ports of 40GbE in a 1 U platform
- Up to 2.56 Tbps Layer 2 and Layer 3 performance and as low as 550 ns latency
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Intel CPU with 8 GB memory and 32 GB SSD storage
- High availability with the industry’s only Topology-Independent In-Service Software Upgrade (TISSU)
- Rich automation capabilities with support for Python, Chef, Puppet, and zero-touch provisioning (ZTP)
- Designed-in Insight Technology software capability for microburst monitoring and reporting, as well as hotspot statistics and visibility
- Plug-and-play deployable architectures such as Virtual Chassis, Virtual Chassis Fabric, Junos Fusion and QFabric System with simplified management and operation
- Support for virtualization protocols such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), Open vSwitch Database (OVSDB) protocol, and integration with Juniper Networks Contrail and VMware NSX SDN controllers
- Advanced Junos OS features such as BGP Add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and IPv6 6PE
- Investment protection enabled by compatibility with Juniper Networks EX4300 Ethernet Switch, QFX3500 Switch, and QFX3600 Switch in integrated fabric solutions
- Product Type : Layer 3 Switch
- Manufacturer Part Number : QFX5100-24Q-AA-AFO
- Power Source : Power Supply
- Layer Supported : 3
- Weight (Approximate) : 21.60 lb
- Form Factor : Rack-mountable
- Manufacturer : Juniper Networks, Inc
- Product Model : QFX5100-24Q-AA
- Network Technology : 40GBase-X
- Product Series : QFX5100
- Brand Name : Juniper
- Expansion Slot Type : QSFP+
- Height : 1.7"
- Width : 17.4"
- Depth : 20.5"
- Manageable : Yes
- Compatible Rack Unit : 1U
- Ethernet Technology : 40 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 24
- Modular : Yes
- Uplink Port : Yes
- Stack Port : No
- Media Type Supported : Optical Fiber
- Shared SFP Slot : No
- Port/Expansion Slot Details : 24 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Redundant Power Supply Supported : Yes