Juniper MPC7E-MRATE Modular Port Concentrator for Sale
MPC7E-MRATE Expansion Module
The MPC7E-MRATE is also referred to as the MPC7E (Multi-Rate).
The MPC7E-MRATE is a fixed-configuration — as opposed to a modular — device with built-in ports. Modular MPCs require Modular Interface Cards (MICs). Each MPC supports two MICs, which can be swapped out with each other for different combinations of port configurations.
One of the biggest features of this line card is its flexibility. There are 12 QSFP+ ports on the MPC7E-MRATE and all 12 ports support up to 40G Ethernet. Four of the ports can be configured as 100G Ethernet ports and every port can be configured for 10G Ethernet as well.
The maximum capacity on the MPC7E-MRATE varies based on the router it’s plugged into. It has a maximum capacity of 480 Gbps on MX240, MX480 and MX960 routers and a maximum capacity of 400 Gbps on MX2008, MX2010 and MX2020 routers.
The MPC7E-MRATE is also available with Hierarchical Quality of Service (HQoS) included which prioritizes service delivery based on the application, user, VLAN, and physical ports. It can also be upgraded with an add-on license to enable flexible queuing of up to 32,000 queues.
When the MPC7E-MRATE is equipped with the MX240, the MX480 or the MX960, it requires high capacity power supplies, fan trays and the SCBE2. The network services mode must also be configured to enhanced-IP or enhanced-Ethernet in order for the MPC7E-10G to power on.
And when it’s equipped on the MX2008, MX2010 or MX2020, it requires an adapter card.
All hardware we sell is fully tested and comes with BrightStar’s industry-leading 1-Year Warranty.
Shipping sensitive networking equipment is one of our specialties; all equipment is professionally packaged using a foam-in-place system and other custom materials. Expedited shipping options are available as well.
We are always buying pre-owned and used/used surplus Juniper, Arista and Cisco networking equipment. Click here for an offer on your decommissioned hardware.
- Application/Usage : Data Networking
- Product Type : Expansion Module
- Compatibility : Juniper Networks MX Series Router
- Manufacturer Part Number : MPC7E-MRATE
- Limited Warranty : 1 Year
- Weight (Approximate) : 15.70 lb
- Manufacturer : Juniper Networks, Inc
- Product Model : MPC7E-MRATE
- Network Technology : 10GBase-L
- Brand Name : Juniper
- Expansion Slot Type : QSFP+
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Ethernet Technology : 100 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 12
- Media Type Supported : Optical Fiber