MPC7E-MRATE Expansion Module
In Junos OS Release 15.1F4 and later, MX2020, MX2010, MX960, MX480, and MX240 routers support the rate-selectable MPC MPC7E (Multi-Rate) (model number: MPC7E-MRATE). The MPC7E-MRATE MPC is a fixed-configuration MPC that provides scalability in bandwidth and services capability of the routers.
The main features of the MPC7E-MRATE MPC are the following:
- Line-rate throughput of up to 480 Gbps on MX240, MX480, and MX960 routers.
- Line-rate throughput of up to 400 Gbps on the MX2000 line of routers.
- Twelve ports that can each be configured as a 40-Gigabit Ethernet port or as four 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports by using a breakout cable. The ports support quad small-form factor pluggable plus (QSFP+) transceivers.
- Four ports-0/2, 0/5, 1/2, and 1/5-out of the twelve ports can be configured as 100-Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- By default, the ports are configured as 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- You can configure different combinations of port speeds as long as the aggregate capacity per group of six ports labeled 0/0 through 0/5 does not exceed 240 Gbps. Similarly, aggregate capacity per group of the other six ports labeled 1/0 through 1/5 must not exceed 240 Gbps.
- Application/Usage : Data Networking
- Product Type : Expansion Module
- Compatibility : Juniper Networks MX Series Router
- Manufacturer Part Number : MPC7E-MRATE
- Limited Warranty : 1 Year
- Weight (Approximate) : 15.70 lb
- Manufacturer : Juniper Networks, Inc
- Product Model : MPC7E-MRATE
- Network Technology : 10GBase-L
- Brand Name : Juniper
- Expansion Slot Type : QSFP+
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Ethernet Technology : 100 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 12
- Media Type Supported : Optical Fiber