The BrightStar Systems Future Technologies Scholarship
At BrightStar Systems, we deliver high-quality pre-owned networking equipment to our customers to help grow their businesses. We understand that value and quality are important when purchasing technology to help run a successful business. With this in mind, we thoroughly test all reconditioned equipment. Our goal is to deliver our best to our customers every day.
Technology continues to change the way we communicate, work, and live every day. As a company that prides ourselves on delivering current pieces of technology to our customers, we would love to hear the perspective of the next generation. We have created a $1,000 scholarship for one undergraduate student who can display how technology has changed their life.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- General interest in technology.
Required Application Details
- Please write a 1,000 to 1,500-word essay answering the following questions:
- How does technology help to shape your day to day activities?
- What is your favorite piece of technology? How do you use it?
- How has technology helped you with your studies?
- How do you see technology shaping how students learn in the future?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited United States college or university. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Please submit the form below.
How to Apply
Please complete the form with the following information to apply:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by March 15, 2019. A winner will be selected and notified via email by April 1, 2019.
Additional Scholarship Details
- Winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from BrightStar Systems.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Any questions about The BrightStar Systems Future Technologies Scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
- The scholarship funds provided by BrightStar Systems will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants BrightStar Systems permission to post the applicant’s name, college, photo (if submitted), and the essay on brightstarsystems.com or in other marketing communications. We are also granted permission to send you information regarding your application.
We will remove any information pertaining to the student at the student’s request.
All sensitive information relating to all applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Applicants emails will not be used for any marketing purposes.
Applicants must cover all of the essay questions posed to be considered.
The winning applicant will be notified directly by April 1, 2019 and an announcement of the winner will be posted on our scholarship page on that date as well.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The BrightStar Systems Future Technologies Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
The applicant automatically grants BrightStar Systems, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by BrightStar Systems.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on brightstarsystems.com.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on BrightStar Systems’ social media pages.
About BrightStar Systems
BrightStar Systems is one of the world’s largest stocking dealers of pre-owned network equipment. We specialize in the acquisition and resale of pre-owned Juniper, Arista and Cisco hardware for medium and large-scale service providers and enterprises.
We work every day to provide businesses with quality refurbished networking technology. On top of excellent products, we offer extended warranties for all equipment. Our main priority is to ensure the success of our clients.